HOME | ABOUT US         Монгол   English   Follow us on Twitter     Open Society Forum   FORUM.MN RSS 2.0 RSS  

SEARCH
Search Resources View Resources by Search titles
Advanced search
Topic | Alphabetical order | Date
Topic :   Economic, Business and Development  
Spirited away – Mongolia’s mining boom and the people that development left behind PDF Print E-mail

This report presents the findings of a June 2011 fact-finding mission (FFM) to Mongolia organised by CEE Bankwatch Network, urgewald (Germany), Bank Information Center (USA) and Oyu Tolgoi Watch (Mongolia). The objective of the mission was to better understand the environmental and social impacts of the development of the Tavan Tolgoi coal (TT) and Oyu Tolgoi gold and copper (OT) deposits in the South Gobi region. The Ukhaa Khudag (UHG) coal mine within the TT deposit is financed by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), while the Oyu Tolgoi project is under due diligence by both the EBRD and the World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC) . The mission included visits to the capital of Ulaanbaatar, the Khanbogd and Tsogttsetsii soum centres and the UHG mine, as well as meetings with the following stakeholders:

• soum administration representatives including the governor and environmental inspector of Khanbogd, the deputy governor and environmental expert of Tsogttsetsii 
  • residents from Khanbogd1
  • herders in Khanbogd and Tsogttsetsii
  • doctors in Khanbogd and Tsogttsetsii
  • ER staff at the UHG mine
  • Rio Tinto Mongolia representative in Ulaanbaatar
  • IFC representatives in Ulaanbaatar2
  • several civil society representatives in Ulaanbaatar.
View PDF :  
Author : Sukhgerel Dugersuren, OT Watch
Source : Sukhgerel Dugersuren, OT Watch
Topic :   Economic, Business and Development  
File type : PDF
Year : 2011
Keyword : Tavan Tolgoi, benefit, coal deposits, Ukhaa Khudag coal mine, mining town Tsogttsetsii – benefit-sharing and local infrastructure, environmental and social impacts of the Ukhaa Khudag mine, health, air pollution, water, resettlement, Oyu Tolgoi gold and copper mine, Khanbogd soum centre, health in Khanbogd, resettlement

|    Back  |   Top  | -  

DEVELOPMENT INFORMATION AND RESOURCE CENTRE

Welcome to the Development information and resource center (DIRC). This is an on-line archive of policy research reports, assessments, policy recommendations & briefings and public policy documents. This center contains documents about Mongolia’s socio-economic development issues. These documents are carried out by donor organisations, the academic community and NGOs.

The center also offers e-library services to The World Bank, JSTOR, Oxford Reference Books and Cambridge On-line Journals.

GUIDE
Search through the GoogleBook
Google Book Search
Search through the Amazon.com
Click here to go to Amazon site

Бүх талбаруудыг оруулна уу

Нээлттэй Нийгэм Форум

Сүхбаатар дүүрэг, 1-р хороо
Жамъян гүний гудамж 5/1 Улаанбаатар 14240
Монгол Улс
Утас: 976-11313207
Факс: 976-11324857
email: osf@forum.mn

Бүртгүүлэх

e-mail -ээр мэдээлэл авч байх болон сүүлд нэмэгдсэн (RSS feed) мэдээллийг авч байх.